My karma ran over my dogma...

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Coffee makes synagogue so much more fun…

So I was being all Jewish this weekend. We went to Shabbat dinner with friends and burnt off all the calories playing with the daughter Shifra who we call Shoeface, long story. Anyway, we spent the time running around and throwing like fifty pairs of underwear on the fan and then they would fly off when we turned it on and we’d run around trying to catch them. So that was cool.

The next morning we stayed at synagogue the whole friggin time, which hardly ever happens. We came early at 9 for the rabbi’s class and then services until 1. But it was our turn to do the Oneg so we had to prepare all the food and stuff and wait till people were gone and clean up and then go home. So it was pretty tiring and annoying, except for there was this guy…

He just kinda popped out of nowhere I saw him last week for the first time, and like talked to him a little. He’s hot in a kind of Jewish/Middle-eastern-ish way, and it was really great because he kept looking at me… Molly was tormenting him and tying his shoelaces together and stealing his kipah and pulling his tie and stuff and I just kept like catching his eye and laughing. Except we didn’t really talk much so I don’t know his name or how old he is, and I didn’t want to be like, umm… what’s your name? I do know he goes to East and has a brother in 8th grade. I think he’s a little older than me but I hope not too much cuz that would suck I’d have to tell him how old I was and then he’d be like, umm never mind.

Keep ya’ll updated on my ‘nice Jewish boy’ (who are his people?) haha get it? exept for I'll see him next on Yom Kippur at Kol Nidre on Wed. and that kinda sux cuz it's Yom Kippur and all serious and important and fasting and wear white and shit, so i have to be really demure and not wear anything remotely tight. Superjew people don't wear makeup or contacts or stuff and i think the Orthodox prolly do other stuff like that, but screw it...

1 Comments:

  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Ruthie said…

    um no max i cant read ur brainwaves but ill try,

    orhtodox jews have all these restrictions like u cant have sex when ur having ur period and then ten days after the woman finishes her period she does the ritual bath and thye can have sex again and its all good. i didnt hear of any rule on yom kippur but i sincerely sincerely doubt u can do it on yom kippur

     

Post a Comment

<< Home