My karma ran over my dogma...

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

fit

People think I'm crazy for running voluntarily, and I don't have a good comeback or reason why exactly, other then the vague, 'well, I need to be fit for soccer..." but now I think i have the answer!

Yesterday at practice we did fitness, at the Duke football stadium (humongus and scary big). After running and doing ladders and wall sits and pushups and stuff (don't ask me why you need arm strength for soccer), we ran up and down the stairs of half the stadium! Sprint, jog, hit every step, then lunges, then over again. And you know what? I FELT GREAT! It was the best feeling in the world, like the primal sense of survival. Everyone's calves were shaking, and i was standing there looking way down at the track, thinking, "my god, i could run down there and do a mile, right now!"

Not like anyone cares at all, but I need to explain why I run, just for moments like that and for myself, plus it feels great! I want to go back on my own and do that by myself later! OK now I really am nuts...

Hey, grapefruit scent on women makes them seem about six years younger to men... hmmm...

Anyway, on another note, weaving camp is looking up! We finally started to weave after a day and a half of setting up and stringing the looms, etc. It's FUN!! (go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/31737469@N00/sets/484704/ )

3 Comments:

  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Maddie said…

    The running does sound fun. I'd be running up and down my lane, but I have no life.

    We ate dinner last night at the top floor of the Kenan stadium at UNC. There was an old fat guy doing the stair thing below us. Great fun to watch him.

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger Maddie said…

    Post, you.

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger hayley said…

    thats so cool! i wish i could get that feeling when i run but unfortunately i dont feel better until i stop lol thats a good feeling though!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home