My karma ran over my dogma...

Monday, June 27, 2005

Richmond and Sutton or however u spell his name

The bus ride to and from Richmond the first day was a living hell. Imagine yourself in the most socially awkward position, with a bored seat mate who then sits w/ someone else on the way back, and multiply by six hours. On the way back, we shared the bus with the U12 or U13 boys. Need I say more.
The trip the next morning at least didn't send me into internal hysterics, probably cuz I got up and 5:30 am, decided to screw avoiding being a social leper, so I got my own 2 seats and slept most of the way. Plus we shared the bus with the U17 boys, who seemed to be a quiet lot.
Five minutes away from the fields, I realized that this was the team Sutton (HOTHOTHOT) was on, and that he was sitting in the back.
Then we lost 5-2. The boys hadn't finished their game yet, so we watched their game to see them lose by one point and Sutton get a red card. It was crazy- our team was a lot more physical then he was. But anyway, the Spanish people behind us muttered, "polito loco" which, according to Shea, means 'crazy chicken.' Which I am assuming was a comment directed at the ref.
ANYWAY, the ride back was bearable because people actually decided to talk to me. Then this guy gets up to go to the bathroom at the back of the bus (don't ask) and I steal his MP3 player. (He happened to be the best-looking of the lot, other then possibly Sutton). He's got all this super-cussing rap wierd stuff, and I nudge Frank (Frances but don't call her that) and say,
"That would be so funny if he has, like, Britany Spears on here"
and he looks at us and goes, "um....", takes his thing back and flips thru the songs.
We spend a good few minutes singing 'Toxic' and then the bus stops for a pit stop (a bunch of girls really had to go but refused to use the bus bathroom). Me and Frank had a blast walking around singing "That don't Impress Me Much' by Shania Twain, and it was so cool!
Then I spent a while listening to his other songs, and decide I like some of Dispatch, whoever they are. Could someone please lend me a CD of them if they have one (hint Joe? possibly). Meanwhile, he's listening to my iPod, moaning and droning Hilary Duff, Gwen Stefani, Britany SPears, etc. loudly until we have to trade again because the rest of the bus can't stand it any more. It turns out that he is going to Elon University next year (where my dad teaches). Isn't that wierd?
Oh, and I ask Sutton about US gossip:
Him: Um, you go to my school, right?
Me: Yeah...
Him: So you mean who I hooked up with?
Well, I went out with Hannah Gordan for a while...
Me: Eww, Spencer!
Him: Yea, she was different when I went out with her.
I haven't been interested in girls here for a while...
Are you excited about coming to US?
Me: Sort of...
end of convo.
he was boring. Plus I would have so totally fallen in love w/ the other guy exept i forgot his name and he was 17. But whatever.
Anyway, I miss ya'll!
call me 401 4150

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home